Coach, Keynote Speaker, Author & Media Commentator
My early life experiences, which were both challenging, dramatic, and traumatic – taught me that you cannot live life by chance, I learnt to ‘lead myself’ from a very early age.
Growing up, we were very poor, and there were huge fights about money, my father’s ill health that I witnessed as the eldest child in a large family. In fact, many times, I was the peace broker. Added to that – there was huge economic and social unrest in the UK. I grew up fast.
Despite a lot of tension, conflict, stress, and traumatic experiences growing up, my parents instilled healthy values in me – persistence, resilience, respect, honesty and thinking of others. They both worked so hard to give me the chances that they never had; I was the first one in our family to go to university for example.
During this time of intense, perpetual tensions – I took to writing a journal, using what I know now is ‘self-talk’ to motivate myself. I even prayed, asking God for help and the answers.
But what I realised early on, that if I wanted a better life for myself, it was up to me. I stopped looking outside – and turned inside for the answers and started making plans and goals for that better life at a young age. My self-leadership mindset was in full flow.
This plan took me to university, and then travelling in Europe which gave me the sense of freedom and adventure I so desperately craved. But then, I realised it was time to knuckle down in my career, so I wrote letter after letter to companies and landed a role in the City, and then in a public relations firm. Those roles unfolded a successful career, taking me to Board level before I was 30 – leading global corporate affairs programmes, being the trusted counsel for many CEOs, often the only woman in the Board room.
The skills of tenacity, and self-leadership paid off!
Along the way – I grabbed life with both hands still, diving around the world, especially when freelancing in public relations – blending with my career and my passion for deep diving in caves, and exploring shipwrecks around-the-world.
But then, after a redundancy, and a sinking feeling – I realised my career was not making me happy. I tried so many things to find what I loved – even a dog walking course – but none of these attempts could satisfy my career needs – whatever they were.
That’s when coaching came in – I worked with an amazing lady to navigate the issues I was facing, and then hey presto – after watching Wayne Dyer’s film ‘The Shift’ (part of my spiritual development since the age of 20, which is the foundation of my happiness I would say) – I had what I call the ‘Photocopier Moment’ – I realised I couldn’t do this s**t anymore and that there it was – coaching fitted all those values important to me, and allowed me to work for myself.
I’ve been coaching people since, and I love it. I believe that having undergone several major transformations and changes in my life, it’s not just my certificates that prove I can help you.
I know that having someone by your side, to listen, motivate, to not judge you, and help you find what you want – works. It sounds simple, but it’s true.
Don’t settle for a ‘yeah I’m okay’ type of life – invest in yourself to discover how you can jump into the life and career that you may have dreamed about, or to clear the confusion that may exist for you. Don’t worry I’ve been there – but you won’t regret taking that one step – in this case – just pick up the phone!
Let’s get started
I offer a complimentary, confidential 30-minute consultation with me. Just click the button to the right and we’ll schedule a time to talk.
Qualifications & Accreditations
I have invested in extensive training to learn the best techniques for rapid change that can provide a quick impact for executives. As a result, I have obtained the following qualifications and accreditations:
- Accredited diplomas with Merit in Personal Performance Coaching and Leadership, Career, Corporate, Team and Executive Coaching.
- In addition to my qualifications I have also completed specialist coach training in: ACT, Conscious Leadership, Behaviourial, Confidence, Financial, Holistic, Image/Personal Brand, Mindfulness, Neuroscience, Resilience, Reinvention, Small Business, Transactional Analysis
- DISC Accredited, allowing me to offer in-depth psychometric profiling and benchmarking against leadership traits for yourself and your team (plus leadership benchmarking, EQ, time management, listening).
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner qualified in rapid emotional transformation techniques.
- Accredited in Mental Health First Aid course for stress and anxiety management (CPD accredited), which are key to navigate stressful situations.
- Advanced coaching qualifications in Positive Psychology, which trained me to focus on developing your areas of strength as a leader.
- Accredited by the School of Natural Health Sciences (itself accredited by ICHM, AADP, BHMA) in Colour Therapy, a holistic method that brings balance & healthy to your body and mind.
- Trained in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT, also known as “tapping”) to quickly reduce pain, stress, anxiety, and negative emotions in stressful situations.
- Certified, accredited Spiritual Coach with the Transformation Academy
- Certified Law of Attraction Advanced Practitioner from The Global Sciences Foundation – accredited by global experts Dr. Joe Vitale and Dr. Steve G. Jones
- Certified, accredited Relationship Coach
Sarah is located in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, but coaches throughout the UK and has international clients.
Sarah is a proud corporate partner of The Hospice of St Francis.
I recently started working with Sarah to help me focus on a new path and rebuild my confidence after a period of tough personal challenges.
Fifteen minutes into the first session, I knew I was in good hands. Sarah is reassuring, she comprehends the blocks and challenges quickly and began with some basic tools to help me start managing the first next steps. I am still a work in progress but I am starting already to formulate a clearer picture of what I want to achieve and how to get there.
Working with Sarah makes me feel confident that I am going to get to where I want to be.
Through working with Sarah I have been able to establish my main goal and break this down into smaller manageable mini-goals.
This has motivated me to achieve these smaller goals in order to move one step closer to success. Sarah has helped me identify and face the barriers I was unconsciously putting up that stopped me moving on with my goal.
She has a friendly and encouraging approach and is really supportive. She challenges me when I most need it and her questioning technique has made me see things from a different perspective.
I am always motivated to complete my actions after a coaching session with Sarah; I would recommend her to anyone who has a goal they want to achieve.