Okay so any job, career, or profession is going to have elements that you just cannot stand. It may be having to give presentations, travel a lot, complete lots of burdensome processes. I can’t think of any job where that is not the case. So here are a few tips to help you find the bits you do love instead:
Now if you are unhappy or frankly loathe your job – that’s a big red flag! No amount of positive thinking can change a fundamental unhappiness in what you are doing. That’s a different blog!
But think about your current role, if it’s just frustration and instead of adopting a child or victim mind-set – get in the adult mind-set and ask yourself:
- What attracted me to my role?
- What do I really enjoy?
- What bits don’t I enjoy?
- What’s the balance between enjoy/not enjoy?
- How do I make the less enjoyable bits more enjoyable (e.g. listen to music whilst filling out forms, take a walk, do a lunchtime workout?)
- What is missing from my current role?
- How do I go about getting it?
These are just a few questions you can ask yourself to try and get out of your own way, and try and look at your situation objectively.
I’ve helped lots of my clients overcome career frustrations, so visit sarah-j.com to find out more about what my clients have said, and how I may be able to help you. Book a free call to discuss your situation.